The Post-Graduation Work Permit is a one-time work permit for international students who graduate from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions.
You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI) and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work.Not all DLIs make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit
The following are the requirements for a post graduation work permit
- Completed a study program.
- Age should be 18 years at the time of application.
- Study program was at least 8 months long.
- Must have graduated from an approved educational institution where you have studied full-time for at least 8 months prior to application (900 hours).
- You must apply within 90 days of receiving (written) a work permit confirming that you have met the requirements and are eligible to graduate the program.